This introductory class will help you become a more informed and empowered job seeker. In this overview you will learn about:
• Where to look for job openings
• Classes & e-Learning
• Local community job centers
• Free & low cost career counseling
• Information for teens, veterans, LGBTQQ & older worder job seekers
• Resume tools
• Upcoming job fairs & job clubs
• Internships & job training
• Green jobs
• Tools for researching companies
• Current salary & job market information
• Making lists of potential employers & much more…
You will come away from the class more prepared for the task of launching an organized and purposeful job search. All of the tools offered here are free (or low cost) and available to all, although some resources may require a library card & pin number.
Bring your own laptop if you want to have computer access. Due to renovation of the 5th floor Computer Training Room, this is a temporary location and does not include access to computers.
Más información sobre Empleo y Carreras.
- Job Seekers' Lab
- Jueves 30 de Julio de 2015, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Introduction to Online Job Searching
- Jueves 30 de Julio de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Job Club
- Lunes 3 de Agosto de 2015, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras