Getting Connected at Your Library!
Join us for our Senior Tech Expo geared towards tech users 50+! All levels of tech users welcome! Programs, interactive demonstrations and hands-on activities will be held in the Koret Auditorium, the Latino/Hispanic Community Rooms and the 6th Floor Computer Lab throughout the day.
Community welcome will begin at 12:15p in the Koret Auditorium.
The Koret Auditorium will be the starting place for the Senior Tech Expo. After the community welcome there will be presentations and demonstrations throughout the afternoon. See below for more details!
12:15p-12:30p – Community Welcome From the 50+ Committee of the San Francisco Public Library
12:30p-12:45p – Cyber Seniors Documentary Trailer & Information about the local showing of the film
12:45p-1p – Presentation From Our Teen Computer Corps members. The Library hosts a myriad of classes that offer one-on-one and group assistance to individuals learning computer, internet and other tech skills.
1:30-2p - How to Organize and Preserve Your Digital Files and Photos for the Future – In this presentation, the Library’s Digitization Projects Librarian will highlight the best ways organize and safeguard your files and photos. There will be a Q & A following the presentation.
2p-2:45p – Keeping Abreast of Assistive Technology Devices – In this demonstration, an Assistive Technology Educator from the Independent Living Resource Center of San Francisco will talk about and demo Assistive Technology Devices and accessible laptops, iPads, Tablets, Skype and more.
2:45p-3p – Updates on the New Literacy Center – A Literacy Center representative will talk about what’s to come from the Center!
Partners include: Community Living Campaign, Department of Aging and Adult Services/ SF Connected, Independent Living Resource Center- San Francisco, ReliaTech, Community Technology Network and In-Home Supportive Services Consortium.
For more information, contact 415.557.4251 or email@example.com.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 8 de Febrero de 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Centro de Recursos para Ancianos con Discapacidad
- Martes 9 de Febrero de 2016, 2:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Atrio
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Miércoles 10 de Febrero de 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Área Principal
- Creative Ways of Telling your Life Story
- Lunes 8 de Febrero de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Coding Drop-In Lab
- Lunes 8 de Febrero de 2016, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Girls Who Code
- Lunes 8 de Febrero de 2016, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones