Author Barbara Kivowitz will discuss her book, In Sickness As In Health: Helping Couples Cope with the Complexities of Illness and expand our sense of what happens to couples when illness becomes the unwanted third partner in the relationship. Barbara will also offer powerful strategies for helping couples live with illness, discuss how couples can work as a team to best engage their own strengths and the resources of the system and suggest why, and how, providers should engage the partner in the treatment. Barbara brings to this discussion not only the research she and her co-author did with couples and experts, but their own personal experiences living with illness with their partners.
Copies of Ms. Kivowitz’s book will be available for purchase after the program.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Martes 13 de Octubre de 2015, 2:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Miércoles 14 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Entre sus Palabras Andantes
- Domingo 18 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B