"Join us for a lively discussion and book signing with Jan Batiste Adkins, educator, lecturer and author of African Americans of San Francisco, a first-of-its-kind pictorial historical account of the leaders of San Francisco's black communities from the Gold Rush to the present. Get an inside look at San Francisco's incredible journey to integration as depicted in never-before-seen images of schools, churches, music, movements and more."
- Hands on History:
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, San Francisco History Center
- PBS Documentary Screening: Prince Among Slaves
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:30 pmOcean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- Asheba: Musical Storyteller
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 10:30 amMarina, Marina Childrens' Area