"Join us for a lively discussion and book signing with Jan Batiste Adkins, educator, lecturer and author of African Americans of San Francisco, a first-of-its-kind pictorial historical account of the leaders of San Francisco's black communities from the Gold Rush to the present. Get an inside look at San Francisco's incredible journey to integration as depicted in never-before-seen images of schools, churches, music, movements and more."
These cultural events are free and open to the public. Share your own thoughts on race at Race in the Public Eye.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- Thursday, April 6, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio