Please join us for an informal guided tour of San Francisco Public Library’s stunning exhibition - Endangered Birds of the Philippines. As this popular exhibition is slated to close at the end of March, this is your opportunity to speak with the artist, David Tomb, and learn the story behind his art.
The exhibition features mixed media artwork on paper celebrating the critically-endangered Great Philippine Eagle and other endangered birds of the Philippines, including the Rufous Hornbill. Tomb’s artworks are luminous and colorful paper assemblages with subtle low-relief elements that convey spatial depth, as well as the mysterious jungle terrain of the Philippine island of Mindanao. Through this project, Tomb and Jeepney Projects Worldwide bring attention to the challenges these grand birds face in order to survive and share a sustainable future with an ever-growing Filipino population.
David Tomb is a co-founder of Jeepney Projects Worldwide: Art for Conservation, an organization that partners with regional conservation groups to inspire, support, and help restore lost habitat of critically endangered birds.
Tomb has exhibited in galleries, universities, and museums extensively across the United States and has been published widely including the New York Times, The New Yorker, and Harpers. Tomb's work is in many public collections including the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, the Huntington Library, and the Consulate General of the United States in Tijuana and Ciudad Juarez.
To learn more about David Tomb and Jeepney Projects Worldwide, please visit http://www.jeepneyprojects.org
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Charlie Chin
- Martes 3 de Mayo de 2016, 10:00 amParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Asian Snack Trials
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 5:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Mix: Carpet Garden
- Japanese Koto Demonstration with Shoko Hikage
- Jueves 5 de Mayo de 2016, 3:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach
- Tai Chi Mondays!
- Lunes 2 de Mayo de 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Tai Chi Mondays
- Lunes 9 de Mayo de 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Área Principal
- Jamyong Singye on the Meditative Art of Thangka
- Martes 10 de Mayo de 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil