While the general public is all too familiar with superheroes such as Superman, Spiderman, Batman and others, lesser known is how many women drew comics in the early 20th Century and drew them beautifully and often hilariously. Through photos, letters, original artwork, toys, comic books and other ephemera this exhibition discusses the first woman comic strip artist Rose O’Neill and her comic The Old Subscriber Calls, in Truth Magazine in 1896 and other women cartoonists from the late 19th century to now.Related program:
Pretty in Ink: North American Women Cartoonists 1896-2013.
Lecture and discussion with author and curator Trina Robbins,
March 27, 6:00, Main Library, Latino Hispanic Community Room.
A book sale by Readers Books follows the discussion.
- Women's Chess Club
- 星期三, 2017年2月22日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, 四樓會議室
- Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage
- 星期四, 2017年3月2日, 6:30 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室
- Soul-Making Keats Literary Awards
- 星期日, 2017年3月5日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂