The selection of the month is God's Hotel: a Doctor, a Hospital, and a Pilgrimage to the Heart of Medicine by Victoria Sweet. San Francisco's Laguna Honda Hospital is the last almshouse in the country, a descendant of the Hôtel-Dieu (God's hotel) that cared for the sick in the Middle Ages. Ballet dancers and rock musicians, professors and thieves -- "anyone who had fallen, or, often, leapt, onto hard times" and needed extended medical care-ended up here. 2012. 372 pp. (Non-fiction)
The Sunset Book Group usually meets every first Wednesday of the month. Our book choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction every other month.
- Parkside Library Book Club
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015Parkside, Parkside Teen's Area
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Sunset Book Group
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015Sunset, Sunset Children's Area