The Sunset Book Group meets every first Wednesday of the month. Our book choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction every other month. All are welcome.
The selection of the month is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. Sixteen-year-old Jacob, traumatized by his grandfather's sudden, violent death, travels with his father to a remote island off the coast of Wales to find the orphanage where his grandfather was sent to live to escape Nazi persecution in Poland. When he arrives, he finds much more than he bargained for: the children from his grandfather's stories are still at the orphanage, living in a time loop in 1940. 2011. 352 pp. (Teen-Young Adult) (Fiction)
- Great Books Reading Group
- Martes 21 de Octubre de 2014Sunset, Sunset: Área Principal
- Rincón Literario:
- Miércoles 22 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Paley - 3ª Planta
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Miércoles 22 de Octubre de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Principal