The Sunset Book Group meets every first Wednesday of the month. Our book choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction every other month. All are welcome.
The selection of the month is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. Sixteen-year-old Jacob, traumatized by his grandfather's sudden, violent death, travels with his father to a remote island off the coast of Wales to find the orphanage where his grandfather was sent to live to escape Nazi persecution in Poland. When he arrives, he finds much more than he bargained for: the children from his grandfather's stories are still at the orphanage, living in a time loop in 1940. 2011. 352 pp. (Teen-Young Adult) (Fiction)
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Sábado 28 de Marzo de 2015Anza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- The Boris Rozenfeld Russian Bibliophiles Club
- Sábado 28 de Marzo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Parkside Library Book Club
- Martes 31 de Marzo de 2015Parkside, Parkside: Área de Adolescentes