The Sunset Book Group meets every first Wednesday of the month. Our book choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction every other month. All are welcome.
The selection of the month is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. Sixteen-year-old Jacob, traumatized by his grandfather's sudden, violent death, travels with his father to a remote island off the coast of Wales to find the orphanage where his grandfather was sent to live to escape Nazi persecution in Poland. When he arrives, he finds much more than he bargained for: the children from his grandfather's stories are still at the orphanage, living in a time loop in 1940. 2011. 352 pp. (Teen-Young Adult) (Fiction)
- The Boris Rozenfeld Russian Bibliophiles Club
- Sábado 26 de Julio de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana B
- Mission Bay Book Club
- Miércoles 30 de Julio de 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Adolescentes: Club de Lectores
- Sábado 2 de Agosto de 2014Ortega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones