This 25th-anniversary program features student footage of the demonstrations from April 27 to June 4, 1989.
San Francisco resident Valerie Samson was a student at the Central Conservatory of Music when she witnessed and videotaped six weeks of demonstrations in Beijing. Her video (1.5 hour long) shows the inspired creativity of protesters around the city and at Tiananmen Square. It includes hunger strikers singing the children's song "I Love Beijing, Tiananmen" as well as excerpts of many other performances. As the tanks roll in, chanting voices join together in the darkness. The program will be in English and Mandarin; the video is in Mandarin. Discussion will follow.
- Chinese artist book talk
- Sábado 10 de Septiembre de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- San Francisco's Chinatown, Then and Now
- Sábado 10 de Septiembre de 2016, 2:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- The People and Events in My 16-Year Exile in Xinjiang
- Martes 13 de Septiembre de 2016, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret