This 25th-anniversary program features student footage of the demonstrations from April 27 to June 4, 1989.
San Francisco resident Valerie Samson was a student at the Central Conservatory of Music when she witnessed and videotaped six weeks of demonstrations in Beijing. Her video (1.5 hour long) shows the inspired creativity of protesters around the city and at Tiananmen Square. It includes hunger strikers singing the children's song "I Love Beijing, Tiananmen" as well as excerpts of many other performances. As the tanks roll in, chanting voices join together in the darkness. The program will be in English and Mandarin; the video is in Mandarin. Discussion will follow.
- Mandarin Story Time
- Martes 28 de Febrero de 2017, 11:15 amIngleside, Ingleside: Área Juvenil
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Race
- Martes 7 de Marzo de 2017, 6:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- We Are All the I-Hotel
- Sábado 18 de Marzo de 2017, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- Dealing with Digital Photos (in English)
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 1:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Dealing with Digital Photos (in Mandarin)
- Viernes 24 de Febrero de 2017, 1:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- Miércoles 1 de Marzo de 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones