This 25th-anniversary program features student footage of the demonstrations from April 27 to June 4, 1989.
San Francisco resident Valerie Samson was a student at the Central Conservatory of Music when she witnessed and videotaped six weeks of demonstrations in Beijing. Her video (1.5 hour long) shows the inspired creativity of protesters around the city and at Tiananmen Square. It includes hunger strikers singing the children's song "I Love Beijing, Tiananmen" as well as excerpts of many other performances. As the tanks roll in, chanting voices join together in the darkness. The program will be in English and Mandarin; the video is in Mandarin. Discussion will follow.
- Red Envelope Crafts
- Miércoles 25 de Enero de 2017, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Lunar New Year Movie: The Karate Kid
- Sábado 28 de Enero de 2017, 2:30 pmPark, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Dance and Acrobatics performance
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 3:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Folding Red Envelope Lantern
- Sábado 28 de Enero de 2017, 10:30 amMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Screen Time Presents eLearning with Flipster!
- Viernes 3 de Febrero de 2017, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras