In this mini-workshop, Kenn Burrows will explore the four stages of the creative process, the neurobiological basis for resistance to novelty, and selected mind-body practices that support mindful engagement and integrative (vs. polarized) thinking--as the foundation for meaningful, innovative living. We will explore the creative nature of "mindful" living within seven pro-creative practices and selected experiential exercises.
• valuing paradox and complementarity
• relaxation, meditation and contemplative practices
- Four Aspects of Relaxation
- Focusing: self-listening
• embodiment/somatic practices to align with body-based intelligence
- Attitude Breathing: heart-centered practice
• engaging crisis/loss as a rite of passage
• strength-based learning and human virtues
- Opening to the "Good"
• using art/artistic expression for truth, beauty and healing
• relationship, community and co-creation
- Co-Creative Play
Kenn Burrows taught Creativity in Art and Science, for seven years at the Academy of Art, San Francisco, developing his passion for ritualizing the creative process. He later used this knowledge as a business consultant in "Creative Problem-Solving" and "Stress Management" training for over a decade. He continues this work at SF State where he currently teaches Holistic Health Studies and directs the Holistic Health Learning Center--a unique interdisciplinary library and community action center integrating personal, social, and environmental aspects of health.
- Tai Chi for Health with Patrick Lau
- Sábado 28 de Febrero de 2015
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 1 de Marzo de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- Lunes 2 de Marzo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B