In this mini-workshop, Kenn Burrows will explore the four stages of the creative process, the neurobiological basis for resistance to novelty, and selected mind-body practices that support mindful engagement and integrative (vs. polarized) thinking--as the foundation for meaningful, innovative living. We will explore the creative nature of "mindful" living within seven pro-creative practices and selected experiential exercises.
• valuing paradox and complementarity
• relaxation, meditation and contemplative practices
- Four Aspects of Relaxation
- Focusing: self-listening
• embodiment/somatic practices to align with body-based intelligence
- Attitude Breathing: heart-centered practice
• engaging crisis/loss as a rite of passage
• strength-based learning and human virtues
- Opening to the "Good"
• using art/artistic expression for truth, beauty and healing
• relationship, community and co-creation
- Co-Creative Play
Kenn Burrows taught Creativity in Art and Science, for seven years at the Academy of Art, San Francisco, developing his passion for ritualizing the creative process. He later used this knowledge as a business consultant in "Creative Problem-Solving" and "Stress Management" training for over a decade. He continues this work at SF State where he currently teaches Holistic Health Studies and directs the Holistic Health Learning Center--a unique interdisciplinary library and community action center integrating personal, social, and environmental aspects of health.
- What's all the fuss about GMOs?
- Miércoles 27 de Mayo de 2015Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- Bike Fix-It Workshop with Big Swingin' Cycles
- Sábado 6 de Junio de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Health & Wellness Talk: Cooking with Chinese Herbs
- Sábado 20 de Junio de 2015North Beach, North Beach
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 27 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Miércoles 27 de Mayo de 2015North Beach, North Beach
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 27 de Mayo de 2015Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones