In this mini-workshop, Kenn Burrows will explore the four stages of the creative process, the neurobiological basis for resistance to novelty, and selected mind-body practices that support mindful engagement and integrative (vs. polarized) thinking--as the foundation for meaningful, innovative living. We will explore the creative nature of "mindful" living within seven pro-creative practices and selected experiential exercises.
• valuing paradox and complementarity
• relaxation, meditation and contemplative practices
- Four Aspects of Relaxation
- Focusing: self-listening
• embodiment/somatic practices to align with body-based intelligence
- Attitude Breathing: heart-centered practice
• engaging crisis/loss as a rite of passage
• strength-based learning and human virtues
- Opening to the "Good"
• using art/artistic expression for truth, beauty and healing
• relationship, community and co-creation
- Co-Creative Play
Kenn Burrows taught Creativity in Art and Science, for seven years at the Academy of Art, San Francisco, developing his passion for ritualizing the creative process. He later used this knowledge as a business consultant in "Creative Problem-Solving" and "Stress Management" training for over a decade. He continues this work at SF State where he currently teaches Holistic Health Studies and directs the Holistic Health Learning Center--a unique interdisciplinary library and community action center integrating personal, social, and environmental aspects of health.
- Learn Tai Chi
- Lunes 27 de Junio de 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- Learn Tai Chi
- Lunes 11 de Julio de 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- The F Word: Fermented Foods!
- Martes 12 de Julio de 2016, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Lunes 27 de Junio de 2016, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Vinyasa Yoga for Beginners & Non-Yogis
- Lunes 27 de Junio de 2016, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach: Área Principal
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 28 de Junio de 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones