108 min. R 1988
Bull Durham follows the intertwining of three lives brought together by the great American pastime. Crash Davis (Kevin Costner) is a perennial Minor Leaguer assigned to the Durham Bulls, a hapless team with a long tradition of mediocrity. There he tutors a young, dim-witted pitching prodigy, Nuke LaLoosh (Tim Robbins) in the ways of baseball, life, and love. Each strikes up a romance with Annie (Susan Sarandon), who takes it upon herself to sleep with a new player every season. The film treats baseball with a sort of casual reverence, highlighting both the drama and the humor inherent in the game.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- About Time - Audio Described Film
- Friday, October 28, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
- Friday, October 28, 2016, 3:30 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Adults Visit The Mix
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, Mix: General Floor Area - 2nd Fl
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.