108 min. R 1988
Bull Durham follows the intertwining of three lives brought together by the great American pastime. Crash Davis (Kevin Costner) is a perennial Minor Leaguer assigned to the Durham Bulls, a hapless team with a long tradition of mediocrity. There he tutors a young, dim-witted pitching prodigy, Nuke LaLoosh (Tim Robbins) in the ways of baseball, life, and love. Each strikes up a romance with Annie (Susan Sarandon), who takes it upon herself to sleep with a new player every season. The film treats baseball with a sort of casual reverence, highlighting both the drama and the humor inherent in the game.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Audio-described Movie Monday
- Monday, November 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- The Lego Movie
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Films for Adults: Shadow of a Doubt
- Monday, December 1, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.