108 min. R 1988
Bull Durham follows the intertwining of three lives brought together by the great American pastime. Crash Davis (Kevin Costner) is a perennial Minor Leaguer assigned to the Durham Bulls, a hapless team with a long tradition of mediocrity. There he tutors a young, dim-witted pitching prodigy, Nuke LaLoosh (Tim Robbins) in the ways of baseball, life, and love. Each strikes up a romance with Annie (Susan Sarandon), who takes it upon herself to sleep with a new player every season. The film treats baseball with a sort of casual reverence, highlighting both the drama and the humor inherent in the game.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Share Your Expertise at The Mix
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 10:00 amMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Videos & the Artist Books
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 2:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.