108 min. R 1988
Bull Durham follows the intertwining of three lives brought together by the great American pastime. Crash Davis (Kevin Costner) is a perennial Minor Leaguer assigned to the Durham Bulls, a hapless team with a long tradition of mediocrity. There he tutors a young, dim-witted pitching prodigy, Nuke LaLoosh (Tim Robbins) in the ways of baseball, life, and love. Each strikes up a romance with Annie (Susan Sarandon), who takes it upon herself to sleep with a new player every season. The film treats baseball with a sort of casual reverence, highlighting both the drama and the humor inherent in the game.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Family Film: The Watsons Go to Birmingham
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Old Acquaintance (1943)
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Great Books to Great Movies: Death in Venice
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.