Eight Men Out
119 min. PG 1988
This dramatization of the most infamous episode in professional sports -- the fix of the 1919 World Series -- is considered by many to be among the best the best baseball movie ever made. This adaptation of Eliot Asinof's definitive study of the scandal shows how athletes of another era were a different breed from the well-paid stars of later years. The Chicago White Sox owner, Charlie Comiskey, is portrayed as a skinflint with little inclination to reward his team for their spectacular season. When a gambling syndicate led by Arnold Rothstein gets wind of the players' discontent, it offers a select group of stars more money to play badly than they would have earned to try to win the Series.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- House of Temptation
- Domingo 27 de Julio de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Films for Adults - A League of Their Own (1992)
- Lunes 28 de Julio de 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones
- Family Film: Monsters University
- Miércoles 30 de Julio de 2014Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.