Eight Men Out
119 min. PG 1988
This dramatization of the most infamous episode in professional sports -- the fix of the 1919 World Series -- is considered by many to be among the best the best baseball movie ever made. This adaptation of Eliot Asinof's definitive study of the scandal shows how athletes of another era were a different breed from the well-paid stars of later years. The Chicago White Sox owner, Charlie Comiskey, is portrayed as a skinflint with little inclination to reward his team for their spectacular season. When a gambling syndicate led by Arnold Rothstein gets wind of the players' discontent, it offers a select group of stars more money to play badly than they would have earned to try to win the Series.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Teen Movie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- 星期二, 2016年7月26日, 3:00 pmNorth Beach 分館, North Beach分館
- Teen Movie: Moonrise Kingdom
- 星期二, 2016年7月26日, 4:00 pmPark 分館, Park 分館會議室
- Big Hero 6
- 星期三, 2016年7月27日, 6:30 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍