Eight Men Out
119 min. PG 1988
This dramatization of the most infamous episode in professional sports -- the fix of the 1919 World Series -- is considered by many to be among the best the best baseball movie ever made. This adaptation of Eliot Asinof's definitive study of the scandal shows how athletes of another era were a different breed from the well-paid stars of later years. The Chicago White Sox owner, Charlie Comiskey, is portrayed as a skinflint with little inclination to reward his team for their spectacular season. When a gambling syndicate led by Arnold Rothstein gets wind of the players' discontent, it offers a select group of stars more money to play badly than they would have earned to try to win the Series.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- 星期一, 2017年2月27日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- 星期一, 2017年2月27日, 3:30 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室
- Video Studio: Open House
- 星期三, 2017年3月1日, 4:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl