Eight Men Out
119 min. PG 1988
This dramatization of the most infamous episode in professional sports -- the fix of the 1919 World Series -- is considered by many to be among the best the best baseball movie ever made. This adaptation of Eliot Asinof's definitive study of the scandal shows how athletes of another era were a different breed from the well-paid stars of later years. The Chicago White Sox owner, Charlie Comiskey, is portrayed as a skinflint with little inclination to reward his team for their spectacular season. When a gambling syndicate led by Arnold Rothstein gets wind of the players' discontent, it offers a select group of stars more money to play badly than they would have earned to try to win the Series.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Middle East Heritage Movie
- 星期二, 2016年9月27日, 3:30 pmNorth Beach 分館, North Beach分館
- The Kite Runner
- 星期二, 2016年9月27日, 4:00 pmPark 分館, Park 分館會議室
- We The Voters: 20 Films to Watch Before You Vote
- 星期二, 2016年9月27日, 5:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Mix: Carpet Garden