High Anxiety PG 94 min. 1977
A comedy written, directed and starring Mel Brooks, High Anxiety is parody of suspense films, most obviously the films of Alfred Hitchcock, who worked with him on the screenplay. Brooks, playing Dr. Richard Thorndyke arrives as new administrator of the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, VERY Nervous to discover some suspicious goings-on. When he's framed for murder, Dr. Thorndyke must confront his own psychiatric condition, "high anxiety," in order to clear his name.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Preschool Films
- Tuesday, September 16, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Norma Rae
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Personal Digital Archiving: Video
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, DIGI Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.