High Anxiety PG 94 min. 1977
A comedy written, directed and starring Mel Brooks, High Anxiety is parody of suspense films, most obviously the films of Alfred Hitchcock, who worked with him on the screenplay. Brooks, playing Dr. Richard Thorndyke arrives as new administrator of the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, VERY Nervous to discover some suspicious goings-on. When he's framed for murder, Dr. Thorndyke must confront his own psychiatric condition, "high anxiety," in order to clear his name.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Lego: Free Play
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Buzzy Bee Traveling Hive
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Marina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Thursdays @ Noon Film --The House on Telegraph Hill
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Code Camp for Teens!
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Main Library, Children's Center
- Saturday, July 26, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Alka Seltzer Rockets
- Monday, July 28, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.