High Anxiety PG 94 min. 1977
A comedy written, directed and starring Mel Brooks, High Anxiety is parody of suspense films, most obviously the films of Alfred Hitchcock, who worked with him on the screenplay. Brooks, playing Dr. Richard Thorndyke arrives as new administrator of the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, VERY Nervous to discover some suspicious goings-on. When he's framed for murder, Dr. Thorndyke must confront his own psychiatric condition, "high anxiety," in order to clear his name.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Preschool Films
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014Parkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Puppy Dog Tales with Oliver!
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.