High Anxiety PG 94 min. 1977
A comedy written, directed and starring Mel Brooks, High Anxiety is parody of suspense films, most obviously the films of Alfred Hitchcock, who worked with him on the screenplay. Brooks, playing Dr. Richard Thorndyke arrives as new administrator of the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, VERY Nervous to discover some suspicious goings-on. When he's framed for murder, Dr. Thorndyke must confront his own psychiatric condition, "high anxiety," in order to clear his name.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Movie Time
- Wednesday, July 1, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Letter
- Thursday, July 2, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior 2015
- Thursday, July 2, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.