High Anxiety PG 94 min. 1977
A comedy written, directed and starring Mel Brooks, High Anxiety is parody of suspense films, most obviously the films of Alfred Hitchcock, who worked with him on the screenplay. Brooks, playing Dr. Richard Thorndyke arrives as new administrator of the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, VERY Nervous to discover some suspicious goings-on. When he's framed for murder, Dr. Thorndyke must confront his own psychiatric condition, "high anxiety," in order to clear his name.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Marble Machine Tinkering
- Monday, July 28, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Films for Adults - A League of Their Own (1992)
- Monday, July 28, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Henna Tattoos with Charitie
- Monday, July 28, 2014Ingleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Alka Seltzer Rockets
- Monday, July 28, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- GoGo Craft
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014Main Library, Children's Center
- Bernal Book Club
- Thursday, July 31, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.