High Anxiety PG 94 min. 1977
A comedy written, directed and starring Mel Brooks, High Anxiety is parody of suspense films, most obviously the films of Alfred Hitchcock, who worked with him on the screenplay. Brooks, playing Dr. Richard Thorndyke arrives as new administrator of the Psychoneurotic Institute for the Very, VERY Nervous to discover some suspicious goings-on. When he's framed for murder, Dr. Thorndyke must confront his own psychiatric condition, "high anxiety," in order to clear his name.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Intro to Manga with Karen Luk
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 2:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room
- Film: The Portrait of a Lady
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Family Film: Zootopia (2016)
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.