Dark Passage NR 106 min. 1947
Humphrey Bogart, convicted of murdering his wife, escapes from prison in order to prove his innocence. He finds that his features are too well known, and is forced to seek some illicit backroom plastic surgery. The entire pre-knife part of the film is shot from a Bogart's-eye-view, with us seeing the fugitive for the first time as he starts to recuperate from the operation in the apartment of a sympathetic young artist (played by Lauren Bacall) for whom he soon finds affection. The apartment used in the film still exists on Telegraph Hill.
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
El festival de cine de la biblioteca proyecta películas sobre y/o filmadas en San Francisco.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Movie Afternoon
- Viernes 27 de Marzo de 2015Ingleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Classic Films of the 1950's
- Sábado 28 de Marzo de 2015Noe Valley, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Children's Film: Sleeping Beauty
- Sábado 28 de Marzo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.