Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Adult ADHD and Relationships: Issues and Strategies
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Yoga at the Library
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Introduction to Yoga
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:30 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, May 1, 2016, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Monday, May 2, 2016, 10:30 amGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, May 2, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio