Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Keith Haring
- Saturday, December 6, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Tuesday, December 9, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Art, Chat, Listen
- Friday, December 12, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, November 26, 2014Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, November 26, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Healthier Living Workshop
- Sunday, November 30, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room