Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Catch the Wave
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Radiant Cinema: Reflections on Light and Shadow
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Healing Chronic Illness
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Main Library, Library for the Blind
- Introduction to Reiki Tummo and Heart Meditation
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Yoga with Yana
- Saturday, October 25, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room