Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Kick & Play with Super Soccer Stars
- Monday, December 5, 2016, 3:30 pmParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Learn Tai Chi
- Monday, December 5, 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Super Soccer Stars
- Monday, December 5, 2016, 4:15 pmParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, December 5, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Laughter Yoga for All Ages
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here:
- Through Sunday, January 1, 2017Main Library, Skylight Gallery Exhibit Area
- Dadamatic Mail Art
- Through Saturday, December 31, 2016Main Library, Skylight Gallery
- Getting into the A.C.T.
- Through Saturday, December 31, 2016Main Library, Library Café Display Case