Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Tiptoeing Through the Twilight Zone:
- Thursday, April 17, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Free Blood Pressure Testing
- Friday, April 18, 2014Parkside, Parkside Teen's Area
- Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Friday, April 18, 2014Sunset, Sunset General Floor Area
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Thursday, April 17, 2014Main Library, Library for the Blind
- Tai Chi for Health with Patrick Lau
- Saturday, April 19, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, April 20, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room