Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Lava Mae Free Mobile Showers
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 8:30 amMain Library, Fulton Street Steps
- Canada by Bicycle
- Saturday, February 25, 2017, 11:00 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Diabetes Education
- Saturday, February 25, 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center
- Tai Chi at Noon
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 12:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area