Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Care Options for the Elderly:
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015Portola, Portola Meeting Room
- Make Geometric Models!
- Saturday, July 11, 2015Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Free Bike Fix It Clinic
- Saturday, July 18, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Courtyard
- Nutrition & Healthy Choices
- Monday, July 6, 2015Main Library, Learning Studio
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, July 7, 2015Richmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Self Healing with Laughter Yoga!
- Tuesday, July 7, 2015West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Primitive No More:
- Through Thursday, July 9, 2015Main Library, African American Center
- Wide Angle:
- Through Friday, July 31, 2015Main Library, Skylight Gallery Exhibit Area
- Potrero Branch 57th Annual Art Exhibit
- Through Sunday, August 2, 2015Potrero, Potrero General Floor Area