Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- 57th Annual Art Exhibit Opening Reception
- Saturday, May 2, 2015Potrero, Potrero General Floor Area
- Urban Bicycling: Street Skills 101
- Saturday, May 9, 2015Main Library, Music Center - 4th Floor
- Fairmount School Art Opening
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Children's Area
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, April 26, 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- Monday, April 27, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Monday, April 27, 2015Main Library, Learning Studio