Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Body by Derby - LGBT Athletes
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- just DANCE!
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 6:00 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Lovers in Montmartre: Modigliani and Hébuterne
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Laughter Yoga
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center