Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Thursday, January 29, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Tips for Moving and Breathing Better
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- California Treasures:
- Saturday, February 7, 2015Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Thursday, January 29, 2015Main Library, Library for the Blind
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- Monday, February 2, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B