Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Protect Yourself: Flu Immunizations
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Rewire Your Brain to find that Perfect Job
- Thursday, September 8, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Chinese artist book talk
- Saturday, September 10, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Noontime Meditation
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 12:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Self Healing through Creativity, Mindfulness & Motion
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area