Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Lava Mae Free Mobile Showers
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 8:30 amMain Library, Fulton Street Steps
- Diabetes Education
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Alcatraz Gardens:
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Healing, Wellness, Gratitude and Fun
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center