Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Healthy Digestion and the Microbiome:
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Cityscapes 2: With John King
- Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 6:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- MOBILIZE: A Film about Cell Phone Radiation
- Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Finally! Succeed at Your Wellness Goals!
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center