Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Thursday, July 7, 2016, 10:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Learn Tai Chi
- Monday, July 11, 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- The F Word: Fermented Foods!
- Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, July 5, 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room