Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Angel Azul
- Tuesday, April 21, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- What to Eat Now? Are You Confused?
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Yogetry or is that Poega?
- Thursday, April 23, 2015Main Library, Library for the Blind
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, April 19, 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- Monday, April 20, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Monday, April 20, 2015Main Library, Learning Studio