Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- What's all the fuss about GMOs?
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Artistic, Colorful and Unconventional
- Wednesday, June 3, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Bike Fix-It Workshop with Big Swingin' Cycles
- Saturday, June 6, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room