Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- New York's 10th Street Studios:
- Saturday, March 7, 2015Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- The Village: Life On the Corner of Chenery & Diamond
- Saturday, March 7, 2015Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- That's a quilt!
- Thursday, March 19, 2015Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, March 1, 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Monday, March 2, 2015Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Brain Fitness
- Monday, March 2, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B