Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Miércoles 24 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Photographer Janet Delaney
- Miércoles 24 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana B
- Fred Lyon - Living Through the Lens
- Jueves 2 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 18 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Introduction to Reiki Tummo and Heart Meditation
- Jueves 18 de Septiembre de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Qi Gong
- Jueves 18 de Septiembre de 2014Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones