Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- just DANCE
- Miércoles 19 de Agosto de 2015, 6:00 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- The Life & Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Martes 25 de Agosto de 2015, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- just DANCE
- Miércoles 26 de Agosto de 2015, 6:00 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 4 de Agosto de 2015, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Laughter Yoga
- Martes 4 de Agosto de 2015, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 5 de Agosto de 2015, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas