Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- SF Beautiful Presents: Critical Condition
- Miércoles 22 de Marzo de 2017, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Diabetes Education
- Sábado 25 de Marzo de 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Lava Mae Free Mobile Showers
- Martes 28 de Marzo de 2017, 8:30 amBiblioteca Central, Fulton Street: Escalones
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 22 de Marzo de 2017, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Tai Chi at Noon
- Miércoles 22 de Marzo de 2017, 12:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley: Área Principal
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 22 de Marzo de 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones