Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Body by Derby - LGBT Athletes
- Martes 1 de Diciembre de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- just DANCE!
- Miércoles 2 de Diciembre de 2015, 6:00 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Lovers in Montmartre: Modigliani and Hébuterne
- Miércoles 2 de Diciembre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 1 de Diciembre de 2015, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Laughter Yoga
- Martes 1 de Diciembre de 2015, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 2 de Diciembre de 2015, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas