Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Diabetes Education
- Sábado 21 de Enero de 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Alcatraz Gardens:
- Domingo 22 de Enero de 2017, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 22 de Enero de 2017, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Lunes 23 de Enero de 2017, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 24 de Enero de 2017, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Gentle Chiropractic with Christina Meakim
- Martes 24 de Enero de 2017, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil