Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Adult ADHD and Relationships: Issues and Strategies
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Yoga at the Library
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Introduction to Yoga
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:30 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Healthier Living Workshops - CANCELED
- Sábado 30 de Abril de 2016, 1:00 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 1 de Mayo de 2016, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Lunes 2 de Mayo de 2016, 10:30 amGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones