Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Care Options for the Elderly:
- Miércoles 8 de Julio de 2015Portola , Portola: Sala de Reuniones
- Make Geometric Models!
- Sábado 11 de Julio de 2015Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Free Bike Fix It Clinic
- Sábado 18 de Julio de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Espacio Exterior
- Nutrition & Healthy Choices
- Lunes 6 de Julio de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 7 de Julio de 2015Richmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Self Healing with Laughter Yoga!
- Martes 7 de Julio de 2015West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Primitive No More:
- Hasta Jueves 9 de Julio de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro Africano Americano
- Wide Angle:
- Hasta Viernes 31 de Julio de 2015Biblioteca Central, Galería Skylight
- Potrero Branch 57th Annual Art Exhibit
- Hasta Domingo 2 de Agosto de 2015Potrero, Potrero: Área Principal