Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Angel Azul
- Martes 21 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- What to Eat Now? Are You Confused?
- Miércoles 22 de Abril de 2015Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- Yogetry or is that Poega?
- Jueves 23 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 19 de Abril de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- Lunes 20 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Lunes 20 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras