Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Teen Smoothies
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Healthy Living for Seniors
- Viernes 4 de Septiembre de 2015, 2:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Loving Someone Who Loves Alcohol or Drugs
- Miércoles 9 de Septiembre de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 2 de Septiembre de 2015, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Miércoles 2 de Septiembre de 2015, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 2 de Septiembre de 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones