Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Healthy Digestion and the Microbiome:
- Martes 13 de Octubre de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Cityscapes 2: With John King
- Martes 27 de Octubre de 2015, 6:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- MOBILIZE: A Film about Cell Phone Radiation
- Martes 27 de Octubre de 2015, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 8 de Octubre de 2015, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Chair Yoga & Relaxation Techniques
- Jueves 8 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 13 de Octubre de 2015, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones