Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- What's all the fuss about GMOs?
- Miércoles 27 de Mayo de 2015Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- Artistic, Colorful and Unconventional
- Miércoles 3 de Junio de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Bike Fix-It Workshop with Big Swingin' Cycles
- Sábado 6 de Junio de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 26 de Mayo de 2015Richmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 27 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Miércoles 27 de Mayo de 2015North Beach, North Beach