Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Canada by Bicycle
- Sábado 25 de Febrero de 2017, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Diabetes Education
- Sábado 25 de Febrero de 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 26 de Febrero de 2017, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Chair Yoga with Bascia Lassus
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Experiencing Reiki Tummo and Heart Meditation
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 6:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones