Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Jueves 7 de Julio de 2016, 10:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Learn Tai Chi
- Lunes 11 de Julio de 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- The F Word: Fermented Foods!
- Martes 12 de Julio de 2016, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 5 de Julio de 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 6 de Julio de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 6 de Julio de 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones