Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Fred Lyon - Living Through the Lens
- Jueves 2 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- The Revolutionary Art of Emory Douglas
- Domingo 5 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Rethinking Memory Loss
- Miércoles 8 de Octubre de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 1 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 1 de Octubre de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 2 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos