Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Covered CA and Medi-Cal Enrollment Event
- Viernes 4 de Marzo de 2016, 1:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Healthier Living Series
- Martes 8 de Marzo de 2016, 2:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Make Geometric Models!
- Sábado 12 de Marzo de 2016, 2:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Jueves 11 de Febrero de 2016, 1:00 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 11 de Febrero de 2016, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Healthier Living
- Viernes 12 de Febrero de 2016, 2:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones