Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- Catch the Wave
- Martes 28 de Octubre de 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Healing Chronic Illness
- Miércoles 29 de Octubre de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Radiant Cinema: Reflections on Light and Shadow
- Miércoles 29 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 23 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Introduction to Reiki Tummo and Heart Meditation
- Jueves 23 de Octubre de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Yoga with Yana
- Sábado 25 de Octubre de 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room