Interdisciplinary artist Maia Scott's project is hosted by the Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at SFPL. In a delightful twist, the collection of mixed media works actually puts focus on seeing. Visually impaired since birth, Maia grew up knowing she sees differently. Over the years, she learned that, in fact, everyone sees differently regardless of visual acuity. Rather, interests, culture, fears, loves and so many other lenses affect what we notice as we journey through life.
Maia invites you to experience her creative vision and maybe come away seeing things through fresh eyes. Through participatory opportunities related to her art, Maia looks forward to learning from your insight and building your wisdom into a collection of interdisciplinary performance pieces.
- New York's 10th Street Studios:
- 星期六, 2015年3月7日Presidio 分館, Presidio 分館會議室
- The Village: Life On The Corner Of Chenery & Diamond
- 星期六, 2015年3月7日Glen Park 分館, Glen Park 分館會議室
- That's a quilt!
- 星期四, 2015年3月19日Richmond 列治文分館/ Senator Milton Marks, Richmond 分館會議室
- Yoga in the LBPD
- 星期四, 2015年3月5日Main 總圖書館, 圖書館殘疾人展覽中心
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- 星期日, 2015年3月8日Visitacion Valley 分館, Visitacion Valley 分館會議室
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- 星期一, 2015年3月9日Main 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B