Mr. 3000 (2004)
Bernie Mac stars as Stan Ross, an over-the-hill baseball star also known as Mr. 3000. Ross retired after making what he thought was his 3,000th base hit for the Milwaukee Brewers, but complications arise when he discovers that three of his hits during his ten-year career had been disqualified. The 47-year-old, out-of-shape ball player returns to the game intending to stay only as long as it takes to get the hits he needs, but along the way he rediscovers his love for the game. Rated PG-13. 104 minutes.
Baseball season is here! Light refreshments will be available for the film audience.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Norma Rae
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Personal Digital Archiving: Video
- Thursday, September 18, 2014Main Library, DIGI Center
- The Book of Eli
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.