Mr. 3000 (2004)
Bernie Mac stars as Stan Ross, an over-the-hill baseball star also known as Mr. 3000. Ross retired after making what he thought was his 3,000th base hit for the Milwaukee Brewers, but complications arise when he discovers that three of his hits during his ten-year career had been disqualified. The 47-year-old, out-of-shape ball player returns to the game intending to stay only as long as it takes to get the hits he needs, but along the way he rediscovers his love for the game. Rated PG-13. 104 minutes.
Baseball season is here! Light refreshments will be available for the film audience.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Intro to Manga with Karen Luk
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 2:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room
- Film: The Portrait of a Lady
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Family Film: Zootopia (2016)
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.