Asian America: Sociological and Interdisciplinary Perspectives by Dr. Robyn Magalit Rodriguez
"Asian America: Sociological and Interdisciplinary Perspectives" offers a survey of the Asian American experience in the 21st century drawing from the latest social science research. It illustrates the diversity of Asian American communities including the challenges Asian Americans face despite their characterization as a "model minority." "Asian America" is an important text for all people interested in and working with the Asian American community including students, social workers, teachers, lawyers, non-profit professionals, elected officials and more.
Dr. Robyn Magalit Rodriguez, an Associate Professor of Asian American Studies at UC Davis will be speaking on the book. This is Rodriguez's second book. Her first book, "Migrants for Export: How the Philippine State Brokers Labor to the World" earned national recognition by the Association for Asian American Studies and is read internationally.
Information on Professor Rodriguez can be found at robynrodriguez.com.
Sponsored by the Filipino American Center.
- Spring Koto Concert
- Saturday, April 30, 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area
- Charlie Chin
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 10:00 amParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Asian Snack Trials
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 5:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Tai Chi Mondays!
- Monday, May 2, 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Tai Chi Mondays
- Monday, May 9, 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights General Floor Area
- Jamyong Singye on the Meditative Art of Thangka
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area