Film maker Sam Stoker's film focuses on March 21, 2009, when a shoot-out between a young man named Lovelle Mixon and members of the Oakland Police Department resulted in the death of Mixon and four Oakland police officers. This documentary seeks to challenge the mainstream narrative of the shoot-out and shed light on the nature of racism in the contemporary United States.
Film maker will hold Q&A after the showing.
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Bayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Monday, February 2, 2015Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room