Film maker Sam Stoker's film focuses on March 21, 2009, when a shoot-out between a young man named Lovelle Mixon and members of the Oakland Police Department resulted in the death of Mixon and four Oakland police officers. This documentary seeks to challenge the mainstream narrative of the shoot-out and shed light on the nature of racism in the contemporary United States.
Film maker will hold Q&A after the showing.
- Six Roses - Jazz Performance
- Miércoles 29 de Junio de 2016, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Black Hollywood Unchained Book and Panel Discussion
- Domingo 3 de Julio de 2016, 1:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black Brothers Esteem: Then and Now Kick-Off
- Martes 12 de Julio de 2016, 5:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Galería Skylight