Film maker Sam Stoker's film focuses on March 21, 2009, when a shoot-out between a young man named Lovelle Mixon and members of the Oakland Police Department resulted in the death of Mixon and four Oakland police officers. This documentary seeks to challenge the mainstream narrative of the shoot-out and shed light on the nature of racism in the contemporary United States.
Film maker will hold Q&A after the showing.
- AfroSolo Artists Talk
- Miércoles 2 de Noviembre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Domingo 13 de Noviembre de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro Chino
- Celebration of The Complete Works of Pat Parker
- Sábado 19 de Noviembre de 2016, 1:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B