Film maker Sam Stoker's film focuses on March 21, 2009, when a shoot-out between a young man named Lovelle Mixon and members of the Oakland Police Department resulted in the death of Mixon and four Oakland police officers. This documentary seeks to challenge the mainstream narrative of the shoot-out and shed light on the nature of racism in the contemporary United States.
Film maker will hold Q&A after the showing.
- Grafton Tyler Brown: African-American Lithographer
- Sábado 5 de Diciembre de 2015, 10:30 amBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- International Black Women's Film Festival
- Domingo 6 de Diciembre de 2015, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Domingo 27 de Diciembre de 2015, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret