Join us for a delightful afternoon of music with singer and songwriter, Sara Rose Corrigan from 1:30-2:15 pm! Performance will take place in the General Floor Area. All ages are welcome.
From 2:30-4:30 pm, we will host The Big San Francisco Playdate in the Courtyard and Program Room. This program is designed for children ages 0-5. Simultaneously, Patty Hsuan from Artkisses will be painting the faces of our young patrons with cool and fun cheek art designs. Children of all ages are welcome.
Light refreshments will be served in the Program Room. A digital scrapbook will document the branch's history from its 2006 grand opening to the present.
Sara Rose Corrigan led the San Francisco-based outfit "Dolly Rocker", releasing two full length albums "Hello, Dolly Rocker!" and "Funny Lullabies." Inspired by an eclectic mix of musicians, ranging from Syd Barrett to Nico to Patsy Cline, Sara continues to croon and craft her melodic and spare material as a solo artist.
For The Big San Francisco Playdate, we will have play stations that promote sensory, auditory, and spatial explorations set up to encourage a child's burgeoning language skills. A librarian will be available to offer tips and early literacy tie-ins to help parents connect the dots between their child's play and their language development.
- Opera for the People Lecture Series
- Domingo 26 de Abril de 2015Noe Valley, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Martes 28 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- The Gershwin Brothers and the Broadway Musical
- Miércoles 29 de Abril de 2015Excelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones