The National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) and PREP Alameda County (Prevention and Recovery in Early Psychosis) present author and teacher Ron Coleman.
Hearing voices is one of the most common experiences that people diagnosed with a psychotic illness have. Research has shown that many people continue to hear voices even after prolonged use of medication and this has meant that many voice hearers do not get relief from their experiences. Many family members and professionals are also left frustrated when nothing seems to work to relieve the more distressing aspects of voice hearing.
Ron Coleman is a Mental Health Trainer and Conultant specializing in psychosis prevention and resolution. A voice hearer himself, he has designed trainings to enable voice hearers to gain ascendancy over the negative aspects of the voice hearing experience. His own route to recovery, after being diagnosed with schizophrenia and spending 13 years in & out of the psychiatric system, has given him many insights into the many difficult issues facing today’s mental health services.
Coleman has co-authored several books including: Working With Voices and Working to Recovery.
Co-sponsored by Humanities and Business, Science and Technology Departments of San Francisco Public Library.
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 2 de Octubre de 2016, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Área Principal
- Learn Tai Chi
- Lunes 3 de Octubre de 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- Miércoles 5 de Octubre de 2016, 6:00 pmPortola , Portola: Sala de Reuniones
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Lunes 3 de Octubre de 2016, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Brain Fitness
- Lunes 3 de Octubre de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 4 de Octubre de 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones