Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Improve Home Comfort with SF's Home Upgrade Program
- Saturday, August 27, 2016, 1:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Learn Tai Chi
- Monday, August 29, 2016, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Protect Yourself: Flu Immunizations
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center
- Tai Chi for Beginners with Irving Rothstein
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 1:00 pmRichmond, 10th Avenue Park
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room