Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Zumba--At the Library!
- Saturday, January 3, 2015Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- CANCELED: Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015Sunset, Sunset General Floor Area
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Thursday, January 8, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Healthier Living Workshop
- Sunday, December 21, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, December 24, 2014Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, December 24, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room