Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Yoga Nidra - Integrative Deep Relaxation
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Armistead Maupin in conversation with K.M. Soehnlein
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Healing Chronic Illness
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Introduction to Reiki Tummo and Heart Meditation
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room