Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Writing To Be Read: Strategies for Maximizing Impact
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Adult ADHD and Relationships: Issues and Strategies
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Yoga at the Library
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Monday, May 2, 2016, 10:30 amGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, May 2, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Monday, May 2, 2016, 1:00 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room