Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- On the Same Page: Daniel Alarcón
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Legendary Locals of the Sunset: Lorri Ungaretti
- Saturday, May 2, 2015Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, April 26, 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- Monday, April 27, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Monday, April 27, 2015Main Library, Learning Studio