Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Lava Mae Free Mobile Showers
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 8:30 amMain Library, Fulton Street Steps
- Diabetes Education
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Tai Chi at Noon
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 12:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Noontime Meditation
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 12:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room