Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- just DANCE
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 6:00 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 2:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Healthy Digestion and the Microbiome:
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room