Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- San Francisco's Chinatown, Then & Now
- Sábado 7 de Mayo de 2016, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Yoga Acupressure with Dr. Huang
- Sábado 7 de Mayo de 2016, 11:00 amParkside, Parkside: Área Principal
- Local Poets Series
- Jueves 12 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Jueves 5 de Mayo de 2016, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 5 de Mayo de 2016, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Healthier Living Program
- Sábado 7 de Mayo de 2016, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones