Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Author Talk: Working Stiff
- Miércoles 28 de Enero de 2015Ortega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones
- Legendary Locals of the Richmond, Sunset, and Golden Gate Park
- Miércoles 28 de Enero de 2015Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Jueves 29 de Enero de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 27 de Enero de 2015Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Eat Well, Be Well: Real Food solutions
- Martes 27 de Enero de 2015West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 28 de Enero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas