Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Chair Yoga with Bascia Lassus
- Martes 25 de Octubre de 2016, 10:30 amNoe Valley, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Guild Freelancers
- Martes 25 de Octubre de 2016, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Film: Fire and Ice
- Miércoles 26 de Octubre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Noontime Meditation
- Martes 25 de Octubre de 2016, 12:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 25 de Octubre de 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Essential Oils for Everyday Wellness
- Martes 25 de Octubre de 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil