Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Writing To Be Read: Strategies for Maximizing Impact
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Adult ADHD and Relationships: Issues and Strategies
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Yoga at the Library
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Lunes 2 de Mayo de 2016, 10:30 amGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Lunes 2 de Mayo de 2016, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- Lunes 2 de Mayo de 2016, 1:00 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones