Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Jueves 29 de Enero de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Open Books: Alev Croutier
- Miércoles 4 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Tips for Moving and Breathing Better
- Miércoles 4 de Febrero de 2015Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 29 de Enero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- Lunes 2 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B