Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Author Talk: God's Hotel
- Jueves 2 de Octubre de 2014Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Rethinking Memory Loss
- Miércoles 8 de Octubre de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Authentic Happiness in Seven Emails
- Miércoles 8 de Octubre de 2014Parkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 1 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 1 de Octubre de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Yoga in the LBPD
- Jueves 2 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos