Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Diabetes Education
- Sábado 21 de Enero de 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 22 de Enero de 2017, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Learn Tai Chi
- Lunes 23 de Enero de 2017, 3:30 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Lunes 23 de Enero de 2017, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 24 de Enero de 2017, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Gentle Chiropractic with Christina Meakim
- Martes 24 de Enero de 2017, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil