Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
- Open Books: Alev Croutier
- 星期三, 2015年2月4日Main 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- Tips for Moving and Breathing Better
- 星期三, 2015年2月4日Mission Bay 分館, Mission Bay Program Room
- Christopher L. Webber: American to the Backbone
- 星期六, 2015年2月7日Ocean View 分館, Ocean View 分館會議室