Jun Wang will introduce and demonstrate the “Six Healing Breaths,” one of the popular Qigong exercises from her book Cultivating Qi: An Introduction To Chinese Body-Mind Energetics. The exercise combines spoken sounds with movements associated with the six vital organs in traditional Chinese medicine. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes if you want to try the exercise with Dr. Wang. You can also learn about the exercise from her free online video, Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at the Institute of Holistic Health Studies, Department of Health Education, San Francisco State University. Dr. Wang, Ph.D., C.M.D., graduated from the College of Chinese Medicine, Beijing Capital Medical University and a Ph.D. in medical anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Q&A and book sales and signing will follow.
- Travelling Without Unravelling
- 星期三, 2014年7月30日West Portal 分館, West Portal 兒童室開放時間
- Delight Rice: Pioneer in Deaf Education (ASL)
- 星期三, 2014年8月6日Main 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- Treasure Boxes
- 星期六, 2014年8月9日Bernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室