Basic principles Dr. Judith Lasater will present from her book What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication can help you communicate more satisfyingly.
Although language is one of the most important tools we have to connect with others, we are sometimes not aware of the power of the words we choose. How can we ask for what we want in ways that help us get it? How can be disagree with someone and still stay in connection with our self and the other person? How can we demonstrate with our words that we really get what the other person saying?
Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D, and Physical Therapist, has taught yoga since 1971. She is a founder of the Iyengar Yoga Institute in San Francisco, CA, as well as Yoga Journal magazine. She has been a consultant on three NIH studies on various aspects of yoga and is president of the California Yoga Teachers' Association as well as the author of numerous articles on yoga and health for nationally recognized magazines.
Book sales and signing to follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- ADHD and the Focused Mind
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Diabetes Education
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 2:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Introduction to Yoga
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 6:45 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room