Basic principles Dr. Judith Lasater will present from her book What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication can help you communicate more satisfyingly.
Although language is one of the most important tools we have to connect with others, we are sometimes not aware of the power of the words we choose. How can we ask for what we want in ways that help us get it? How can be disagree with someone and still stay in connection with our self and the other person? How can we demonstrate with our words that we really get what the other person saying?
Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D, and Physical Therapist, has taught yoga since 1971. She is a founder of the Iyengar Yoga Institute in San Francisco, CA, as well as Yoga Journal magazine. She has been a consultant on three NIH studies on various aspects of yoga and is president of the California Yoga Teachers' Association as well as the author of numerous articles on yoga and health for nationally recognized magazines.
Book sales and signing to follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Cheddar: America's Most Iconic Cheese
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 6:00 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Thursday, June 30, 2016, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Thursday, July 7, 2016, 10:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Tai Chi Tuesdays!
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 2:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- It Just Makes Scents!
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area