Basic principles Dr. Judith Lasater will present from her book What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication can help you communicate more satisfyingly.
Although language is one of the most important tools we have to connect with others, we are sometimes not aware of the power of the words we choose. How can we ask for what we want in ways that help us get it? How can be disagree with someone and still stay in connection with our self and the other person? How can we demonstrate with our words that we really get what the other person saying?
Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D, and Physical Therapist, has taught yoga since 1971. She is a founder of the Iyengar Yoga Institute in San Francisco, CA, as well as Yoga Journal magazine. She has been a consultant on three NIH studies on various aspects of yoga and is president of the California Yoga Teachers' Association as well as the author of numerous articles on yoga and health for nationally recognized magazines.
Book sales and signing to follow.
- Yoga Nidra - Integrative Deep Relaxation
- 星期三, 2014年10月22日West Portal 分館, West Portal 兒童室開放時間
- Armistead Maupin in conversation with K.M. Soehnlein
- 星期四, 2014年10月23日Main 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Healing Chronic Illness
- 星期三, 2014年10月29日West Portal 分館, West Portal 兒童室開放時間
- Meditation Group
- 星期三, 2014年10月22日Main 總圖書館, Hormel 中心
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- 星期三, 2014年10月22日Presidio 分館, Presidio 分館會議室
- Yoga in the LBPD
- 星期四, 2014年10月23日Main 總圖書館, 圖書館殘疾人展覽中心