Basic principles Dr. Judith Lasater will present from her book What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication can help you communicate more satisfyingly.
Although language is one of the most important tools we have to connect with others, we are sometimes not aware of the power of the words we choose. How can we ask for what we want in ways that help us get it? How can be disagree with someone and still stay in connection with our self and the other person? How can we demonstrate with our words that we really get what the other person saying?
Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D, and Physical Therapist, has taught yoga since 1971. She is a founder of the Iyengar Yoga Institute in San Francisco, CA, as well as Yoga Journal magazine. She has been a consultant on three NIH studies on various aspects of yoga and is president of the California Yoga Teachers' Association as well as the author of numerous articles on yoga and health for nationally recognized magazines.
Book sales and signing to follow.
- Protecting Our Plankton
- 星期六, 2016年2月20日, 3:30 pmPotrero 分館, Potrero 分館會議室
- Film: Pelican Dreams
- 星期三, 2016年3月2日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- California Women and Politics
- 星期三, 2016年3月2日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Chair Yoga with Connie Scott
- 星期四, 2016年2月11日, 1:00 pmPotrero 分館, Potrero 分館會議室
- Yoga in the LBPD
- 星期四, 2016年2月11日, 5:30 pmMain 總圖書館, 圖書館殘疾人展覽中心
- Healthier Living
- 星期五, 2016年2月12日, 2:00 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室