Creativity and Movement Playshop
Designed for adults of all levels interested in movement and dance as a creative outlet.
MFA candidate Maia Scott will facilitate individual and group experiences including moving meditation, fast-action improvisation exercises, and an interdisciplinary exploration of the body in motion. Dress comfortably. Some supplies will be provided.
Walk a labyrinth with your eyes closed, rip up someone else's drawing, dance through the stacks in a site-specific mini-performance, think like something in your pocket, and witness or participate in many other curious happenings. Designed for adults of all levels interested in finding or developing a creative outlet. Each week will focus on a different art form; writing, visual art, or movement. Really stretch your creative potential and attend all three. Artist Maia Scott will facilitate individual and group experiences that cultivate confidence and creativity through meditative, playful, and interdisciplinary processes. Dress comfortably and bring your favorite notebook or device to supplement the provided supplies. Drop your inhibitions in the corner with last weeks laundry, live in the moment and unleash the Creative Genius within.
- 2016 Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Monet, Renoir, Pissarro & the Impressionist Movement
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area