This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- Constance Fenimore Woolson: She-Novelist in Venice
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Personal Safety Workshop
- Thursday, March 30, 2017, 2:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Drop-in Computer Help in Spanish
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, April 3, 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room