This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Sábado 1 de Abril de 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Miércoles 5 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Jubilee Immigration Advocates
- Miércoles 5 de Abril de 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Personal Safety Workshop
- Jueves 30 de Marzo de 2017, 2:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- ¡Aprenda a Usar Computadoras en Español!
- Sábado 1 de Abril de 2017, 10:30 amBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Lunes 3 de Abril de 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach