This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- At Home In Exile
- Miércoles 25 de Enero de 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Anchor Brewing Co. Tour -- WAIT LIST ONLY!
- Jueves 26 de Enero de 2017, 3:30 pm
- Scandinavian Crime Thrillers Today
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Connecting Home Owners and Home Seekers
- Jueves 26 de Enero de 2017, 6:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Drop In Genealogy
- Sábado 28 de Enero de 2017, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Growing Roses in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Sábado 4 de Febrero de 2017, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones