This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- Open Books: Francisco Xavier Alarcόn
- Martes 26 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Open Books: Jeff Hobbs
- Jueves 28 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Free & Fun in San Francisco - Updated
- Lunes 1 de Junio de 2015North Beach, North Beach