This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- First Lady Florence Harding
- 星期三, 2015年7月8日Merced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- 星期四, 2015年7月9日Main 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- "J's" in J-Town: Jews, Japanese, and Jazz!
- 星期六, 2015年7月11日Western Addition 分館, Western Addition 分館會議室