This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- The Internet Archive at the Library
- 星期四, 2014年7月31日Main 總圖書館, DIGI 中心
- Noe Valley: A Village Within the City
- 星期六, 2014年8月2日Noe Valley 分館/ Sally Brunn, Noe Valley 分館會議室
- Researching Your Building in San Francisco
- 星期六, 2014年8月2日Excelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室