This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- Heart Jump Bouquet: The life and poetry of John Trudell
- 星期六, 2016年2月13日, 12:00 pmMission 分館, Mission 公眾範圍
- Richmond SFPD Community Meeting
- 星期二, 2016年2月16日, 7:00 pmRichmond 列治文分館, Richmond 分館會議室
- Buffalo Soldiers: Their 150th Anniversary
- 星期三, 2016年2月17日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍