This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- Presidio Open House Celebration!
- 星期六, 2017年3月25日, 1:00 pmPresidio 分館, Presidio 分館會議室
- Spring Break Talent Show!
- 星期一, 2017年3月27日, 2:30 pmOrtega 分館, Ortega 分館會議室
- Constance Fenimore Woolson: She-Novelist in Venice
- 星期三, 2017年3月29日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍