This is an exclusive true story of a hippie commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in 1967-68. The book begins with stories leading up to the time of the commune, the commune itself, and eventually, the demise of the commune. Holly Harman recounts her own experiences in those times. Other people share their stories, and there are chapters about Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Big Sur during those historical years. Chapters on The Catalyst, Hip Pocket Bookstore, Merry Pranksters, The Barn, Monterey Pop Festival, Red Dog Saloon, and more. There are black & white photographs on every page by numerous photographers. Accompanying the book will be a DVD, released in 2014, containing footage from 3 films taken at the commune.
- African American Freedom Trail
- 星期六, 2017年2月25日, 2:00 pmBayview 分館, Bayview 會議室
- Martha C. Taylor: From Labor to Reward
- 星期二, 2017年2月28日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, 非洲裔展覽中心
- From Homelessness to Housing in San Francisco
- 星期三, 2017年3月1日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂