The brain is like any muscle in the body. The old saying "use it or lose it" really does apply. In this very social class you will exercise your brain in fun, challenging and creative ways to maintain and improve your cognitive vitality and your memory. We will also spend time conquering everyday memory challenges, such as remembering names and conquering “tip-of-the-tongue syndrome,” as well as discuss the latest news on brain fitness. This course is appropriate both as a next step for those who have previously attended a Memory and Mental Fitness Program, as well as for first-timers.
Instructor Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
The Encore Learning Department of City College sponsors this class in partnership with The San Francisco Public Library. Encore Learning offers classes designed for adults 55 or older, but all are welcome to attend.
- Computer Help for Adults & Seniors
- Miércoles 27 de Julio de 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Zona de Computadoras
- "The Adventures of S. Phaeton" Radio Play
- Sábado 30 de Julio de 2016, 1:30 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Domingo 31 de Julio de 2016, 2:00 pmPortola , Portola: Área Principal
- Email 101
- Miércoles 27 de Julio de 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 27 de Julio de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Tai Chi for Beginners with Irving Rothstein
- Miércoles 27 de Julio de 2016, 1:00 pmRichmond, 10th Avenue Park