The brain is like any muscle in the body. The old saying "use it or lose it" really does apply. In this very social class you will exercise your brain in fun, challenging and creative ways to maintain and improve your cognitive vitality and your memory. We will also spend time conquering everyday memory challenges, such as remembering names and conquering “tip-of-the-tongue syndrome,” as well as discuss the latest news on brain fitness. This course is appropriate both as a next step for those who have previously attended a Memory and Mental Fitness Program, as well as for first-timers.
Instructor Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
The Encore Learning Department of City College sponsors this class in partnership with The San Francisco Public Library. Encore Learning offers classes designed for adults 55 or older, but all are welcome to attend.
- What's all the fuss about GMOs?
- Miércoles 27 de Mayo de 2015Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 1 de Junio de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Free Counseling
- Miércoles 3 de Junio de 2015Marina, Marina: Área Principal
- Bike Tune-Up Essentials with The New Wheel!
- Sábado 23 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 24 de Mayo de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Teen Computer Corps
- Domingo 24 de Mayo de 2015Ortega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones