The brain is like any muscle in the body. The old saying "use it or lose it" really does apply. In this very social class you will exercise your brain in fun, challenging and creative ways to maintain and improve your cognitive vitality and your memory. We will also spend time conquering everyday memory challenges, such as remembering names and conquering “tip-of-the-tongue syndrome,” as well as discuss the latest news on brain fitness. This course is appropriate both as a next step for those who have previously attended a Memory and Mental Fitness Program, as well as for first-timers.
Instructor Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
The Encore Learning Department of City College sponsors this class in partnership with The San Francisco Public Library. Encore Learning offers classes designed for adults 55 or older, but all are welcome to attend.
- Teen Computer Corps
- Miércoles 22 de Octubre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Área Principal
- Yoga Nidra - Integrative Deep Relaxation
- Miércoles 22 de Octubre de 2014West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sábado 25 de Octubre de 2014Portola, Portola: Área Principal
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 22 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 22 de Octubre de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Write Your Will Workshop
- Miércoles 22 de Octubre de 2014Ocean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones