This Weeks Topic: Introductory Class
Social engagement is a key to healthy aging. In this interactive class, led by Hope Levy of City College, learn what research and practice have uncovered about community engagement, creativity, life review, and flourishing in the context of the aging process. Discover free and low-cost opportunities for intellectual, social and physical activities in and around San Francisco.
Instructor Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
The Encore Learning Department of City College sponsors this class in partnership with The San Francisco Public Library. Encore Learning offers classes designed for adults 55 or older, but all are welcome to attend.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 27 de Julio de 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- An Explorer's Guide to Understanding Dementia
- Miércoles 29 de Julio de 2015, 6:00 pmPortola , Portola: Sala de Reuniones
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sábado 1 de Agosto de 2015, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Basic Computer Class
- Lunes 27 de Julio de 2015, 11:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Nutrition & Healthy Choices
- Lunes 27 de Julio de 2015, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Martes 28 de Julio de 2015, 12:15 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones