This Weeks Topic: Introductory Class
Social engagement is a key to healthy aging. In this interactive class, led by Hope Levy of City College, learn what research and practice have uncovered about community engagement, creativity, life review, and flourishing in the context of the aging process. Discover free and low-cost opportunities for intellectual, social and physical activities in and around San Francisco.
Instructor Hope Levy has more than twenty years teaching experience. She holds an MA in Gerontology and an MA in Special Education from San Francisco State University. Through her work, Hope promotes positive aging through her passion for lifelong learning.
The Encore Learning Department of City College sponsors this class in partnership with The San Francisco Public Library. Encore Learning offers classes designed for adults 55 or older, but all are welcome to attend.
- Gentle Mind and Body Yoga
- Domingo 23 de Octubre de 2016, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Área Principal
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Domingo 23 de Octubre de 2016, 2:00 pmPortola , Portola: Área Principal
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 24 de Octubre de 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Teen Computer Corps
- Domingo 23 de Octubre de 2016, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Lunes 24 de Octubre de 2016, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Brain Fitness
- Lunes 24 de Octubre de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B