If you like great ideas, great writing, and stimulating discussion, come and participate in a Great Books Discussion Group. We meet 4th Wednesday of each month from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
The Seven Deadly Sins Sampler and Even Deadlier, collections of short stories, allow readers to peer into the hidden recesses of sinful thought and behavior. Without moralizing, the authors in these books—Margaret Atwood, Raymond Carver, Flannery O’Connor, and D. H. Lawrence, to name a few—use fiction to explore our all too human thirst for transgressive pleasure.
For readers who know that good and evil isn't simply a matter of black and white, this collection will provoke lively conversation and sober contemplation.
Read. Think. Discuss. Grow.
For information about our upcoming reading: Contact Louise DiMattio at email@example.com or (415) 587-0398
To register: (415) 355-2886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information.
- Great Teen Book Swap!
- Friday, March 6, 2015Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Conscience by Immanuel Kant
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room