If you’re a writer who would like to get your work published, join us for a special workshop.
Writing For Real means writing for publication. But “writing for publication” means something very different today than it did only a dozen years ago. Then, it meant getting your words in print via books, magazines and newspapers, and to a lesser extent, online. Three of those four meant going through an editor. Today, that editor is selling vitamins online or teaching third graders in Oakland. Publication now includes ebooks and apps, blogs and videos… none of which require editorial consent. In one or more of these formats — Gutenbergian and digital, alike — Writing For Real helps get your words and images read and seen by others, not just by you and your cat.
Writing For Real is led by Jules Older, Ph.D., who has published in all the formats above, plus a few more.
This four-session workshop is for writers of all genres except poetry. Space is limited, so stop by the Information Desk or call 415-355-5707 to register.
- The Boris Rozenfeld Russian Bibliophiles Club
- Saturday, November 28, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, November 30, 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Growing Readers
- Saturday, December 5, 2015, 10:30 amWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room