Fifteen watercolor paintings by Antonio Guerrero will be on display, who learned to draw and paint from fellow inmates. They portray moments during the first 17 months the five served in solitary confinement. The Cuban Five are Cuban patriots who were monitoring the activities of anti-Cuban exiles in Miami who have carried out deadly attacks on Cuba and were planning more. The FBI arrested the five on Sept 12, 1998. In a trial in Miami marked by what a federal appeals panel called a “perfect storm” of prejudice, the Five were convicted and given sentences from 15 years to life.
We will also be holding a book discussion.
- March of the Suffragettes
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- We're All Terminal
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- AfroSolo Artists Talk
- Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Home Away from Home:
- Through Sunday, November 27, 2016Main Library, Jewett Gallery
- Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here:
- Through Sunday, January 1, 2017Main Library, Skylight Gallery Exhibit Area
- Dadamatic Mail Art
- Through Saturday, December 31, 2016Main Library, Skylight Gallery