Fifteen watercolor paintings by Antonio Guerrero will be on display, who learned to draw and paint from fellow inmates. They portray moments during the first 17 months the five served in solitary confinement. The Cuban Five are Cuban patriots who were monitoring the activities of anti-Cuban exiles in Miami who have carried out deadly attacks on Cuba and were planning more. The FBI arrested the five on Sept 12, 1998. In a trial in Miami marked by what a federal appeals panel called a “perfect storm” of prejudice, the Five were convicted and given sentences from 15 years to life.
We will also be holding a book discussion.
- Author Talk: Working Stiff
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Legendary Locals of the Richmond, Sunset, and Golden Gate Park
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Open Books: Alev Croutier
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Neighborhood places with photojournalist Fred Larson
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room