Fifteen watercolor paintings by Antonio Guerrero will be on display, who learned to draw and paint from fellow inmates. They portray moments during the first 17 months the five served in solitary confinement. The Cuban Five are Cuban patriots who were monitoring the activities of anti-Cuban exiles in Miami who have carried out deadly attacks on Cuba and were planning more. The FBI arrested the five on Sept 12, 1998. In a trial in Miami marked by what a federal appeals panel called a “perfect storm” of prejudice, the Five were convicted and given sentences from 15 years to life.
We will also be holding a book discussion.
- Author Talk: Dennis McNally
- 星期二, 2014年10月21日Bernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室
- Armistead Maupin in conversation with K.M. Soehnlein
- 星期四, 2014年10月23日Main 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Catch the Wave
- 星期二, 2014年10月28日Richmond 列治文分館/ Senator Milton Marks, Richmond 分館會議室