Fifteen watercolor paintings by Antonio Guerrero will be on display, who learned to draw and paint from fellow inmates. They portray moments during the first 17 months the five served in solitary confinement. The Cuban Five are Cuban patriots who were monitoring the activities of anti-Cuban exiles in Miami who have carried out deadly attacks on Cuba and were planning more. The FBI arrested the five on Sept 12, 1998. In a trial in Miami marked by what a federal appeals panel called a “perfect storm” of prejudice, the Five were convicted and given sentences from 15 years to life.
We will also be holding a book discussion.
- Not So Different: Finding Human Nature in Animals
- 星期四, 2016年7月28日, 5:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- We're All Terminal
- 星期二, 2016年8月2日, 5:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Gordon Edgar: aka the cheese guy
- 星期三, 2016年8月3日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, 學習工作室