Visit the bookmobile on Treasure Island to celebrate Opening Day on the Bay and learn simple practices for water safety at the Treasure Island Sailing Center with FREE sailboat rides, kayaking, and stand up paddle boarding! Enjoy music, games, food, and activities for the whole family. Other local organizations will be on hand to provide vessel safety checks, proper life jacket fit, and safe boating information. Each visitor will be entered to win door prizes and a free sailing class! Food will be available on-site for purchase. Fun for all ages!
Find the bookmobile parked at the Treasure Island Sailing Center, located at 698 California Avenue, Bldg. 112.
Note: This event will be taking place at a location outside the San Francisco network of public libraries. For questions concerning the event, please contact the hosting library: Bookmobiles / Mobile Outreach.
- Swing Into Stories: Koret Children's Playground
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 9:30 am
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 10:30 am
- Free day at San Francisco Zoo!!
- Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 10:00 am