Join us for the premiere of Point of Pride: The People's View of Bayview/Hunter's Point, a documentary film about African American civil rights in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood. Point of Pride combines archival footage from the 1950's, 60's, and 70's with present-day viewpoints and reactions to this past footage to create a compelling portrait of a community marked by struggle and fueled by hope. A panel discussion with featured community activists and the filmmakers will follow.
This film is the culmination of a year-long grant, Remembering and Restoring the Multimedia History of Bayview Hunter's Point. Community partners included the San Francisco Public Library, the Bay Area Video Coalition and San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive at San Francisco State University.
This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Puppy Dog Tales with Oliver!
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Hoffa
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium