1:00 p.m. Cooking Demonstration with Adriana Lahl of Sal de Vida Gourmet, a La Cocina Incubator Business.
Learn how to make original Mexican masa creations like quesadillas, tlacoyos, sopes, and embedded flower tortillas and join us for an explanation of why 5 de Mayo is also an American holiday. Adriana is also co-author of Celebraciones Mexicanas: History, Traditions and Recipes. Her book will be available for purchase following the demonstration.
La Cocina is a groundbreaking business incubator located in San Francisco's Mission district designed to reduce the obstacles that prevent low-income food entrepreneurs from creating successful and sustainable small businesses.
2:30 p.m. Musical Performance by Coro de la Treinta (30th Street Chorus) of the Community Music Center
This community choir for older adults is a collaboration between the San Francisco Community Music Center and the 30th St. Senior Center. The choir sings primarily in Spanish, English, and Tagalog, including many classics from Latin America. Coro de la Treinta is directed by Martha Rodríguez-Salazar and accompanied by Jennifer Peringer.Refreshments will be served. All the programs are free and all ages are welcomed!
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 10:30 am
- New Homes New Beginnings
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 1:00 pmMission, Mission Children's Area
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Queso Fresco Workshop
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 7:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Repujado: Tin Art
- Thursday, September 17, 2015, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Sabor a Salsa!
- Friday, September 18, 2015, 3:30 pmMission, Mission General Floor Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.