Journalist and author Anthony Stanford and Fresh! White a racial and gender justice advocate explore the various reasons for the Black Church's aversion and the general black cultural inflexibility towards homosexuality, same-sex marriage and acceptance of the LGBTQ community. The panelists connect black cultural resistance towards homosexuality to politics, faith and fear. They follow the trail of faith-based funding to the pulpit of black mega-churches and spotlights how members of the black clergy have sacrificed black LGBTQ community for personal and political advancement.
- Radar Reading
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Black Business Month: How to Start a Food Truck
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Point of Pride: The People's View of Bayview/Hunter's Point
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room