Journalist and author Anthony Stanford and Fresh! White a racial and gender justice advocate explore the various reasons for the Black Church's aversion and the general black cultural inflexibility towards homosexuality, same-sex marriage and acceptance of the LGBTQ community. The panelists connect black cultural resistance towards homosexuality to politics, faith and fear. They follow the trail of faith-based funding to the pulpit of black mega-churches and spotlights how members of the black clergy have sacrificed black LGBTQ community for personal and political advancement.
- Living in the Shadows of Exclusion
- Saturday, August 8, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Radar Reading Series
- Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Foreclosure & Loan Fraud Information Session
- Saturday, August 15, 2015, 1:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room