Journalist and author Anthony Stanford and Fresh! White a racial and gender justice advocate explore the various reasons for the Black Church's aversion and the general black cultural inflexibility towards homosexuality, same-sex marriage and acceptance of the LGBTQ community. The panelists connect black cultural resistance towards homosexuality to politics, faith and fear. They follow the trail of faith-based funding to the pulpit of black mega-churches and spotlights how members of the black clergy have sacrificed black LGBTQ community for personal and political advancement.
- Artistic, Colorful and Unconventional
- Wednesday, June 3, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- African American Geneology
- Saturday, June 13, 2015Main Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Delta author talk
- Sunday, June 14, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium