Journalist and author Anthony Stanford and Fresh! White a racial and gender justice advocate explore the various reasons for the Black Church's aversion and the general black cultural inflexibility towards homosexuality, same-sex marriage and acceptance of the LGBTQ community. The panelists connect black cultural resistance towards homosexuality to politics, faith and fear. They follow the trail of faith-based funding to the pulpit of black mega-churches and spotlights how members of the black clergy have sacrificed black LGBTQ community for personal and political advancement.
See Queerest.Library.Ever. sfpl.org/hormelat20 for related online exhibits, archives, and resources.
- Twenty-Five Years of Vampire Life
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center
- Oscar Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 6:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Six Roses
- Saturday, June 4, 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area
- Celebrating The Past/Creating The Future
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Main Library, Jewett Gallery
- Out At The Library
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Main Library, Skylight Gallery
- Queer & Quirky: OBJECTifying Ourselves
- Through Sunday, August 7, 2016Eureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area