Journalist and author Anthony Stanford and Fresh! White a racial and gender justice advocate explore the various reasons for the Black Church's aversion and the general black cultural inflexibility towards homosexuality, same-sex marriage and acceptance of the LGBTQ community. The panelists connect black cultural resistance towards homosexuality to politics, faith and fear. They follow the trail of faith-based funding to the pulpit of black mega-churches and spotlights how members of the black clergy have sacrificed black LGBTQ community for personal and political advancement.
See Queerest.Library.Ever. sfpl.org/hormelat20 for related online exhibits, archives, and resources.
- Moving Performances
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, LGBTQIA Center
- How Eureka Valley Became The Castro
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 7:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Sunday, December 11, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Paley Room - Floor 3