Journalist and author Anthony Stanford and Fresh! White a racial and gender justice advocate explore the various reasons for the Black Church's aversion and the general black cultural inflexibility towards homosexuality, same-sex marriage and acceptance of the LGBTQ community. The panelists connect black cultural resistance towards homosexuality to politics, faith and fear. They follow the trail of faith-based funding to the pulpit of black mega-churches and spotlights how members of the black clergy have sacrificed black LGBTQ community for personal and political advancement.
- Moving Performances
- Martes 6 de Diciembre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- How Eureka Valley Became The Castro
- Martes 6 de Diciembre de 2016, 7:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley: Área Principal
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Domingo 11 de Diciembre de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Paley - 3ª Planta