Journalist and author Anthony Stanford and Fresh! White a racial and gender justice advocate explore the various reasons for the Black Church's aversion and the general black cultural inflexibility towards homosexuality, same-sex marriage and acceptance of the LGBTQ community. The panelists connect black cultural resistance towards homosexuality to politics, faith and fear. They follow the trail of faith-based funding to the pulpit of black mega-churches and spotlights how members of the black clergy have sacrificed black LGBTQ community for personal and political advancement.
- 50th Commemoration of the Bayview Uprising 1966
- Martes 27 de Septiembre de 2016, 3:00 pmBayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Intersecting Film, Music and Queerness
- Jueves 29 de Septiembre de 2016, 6:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Sensing Light: A Novel
- Martes 4 de Octubre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas