Journalist and author Anthony Stanford and Fresh! White a racial and gender justice advocate explore the various reasons for the Black Church's aversion and the general black cultural inflexibility towards homosexuality, same-sex marriage and acceptance of the LGBTQ community. The panelists connect black cultural resistance towards homosexuality to politics, faith and fear. They follow the trail of faith-based funding to the pulpit of black mega-churches and spotlights how members of the black clergy have sacrificed black LGBTQ community for personal and political advancement.
- Living in the Shadows of Exclusion
- Sábado 8 de Agosto de 2015, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Radar Reading Series
- Martes 11 de Agosto de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Foreclosure & Loan Fraud Information Session
- Sábado 15 de Agosto de 2015, 1:00 pmBayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones