Art Peterson will present a video and read selections from his sparkling,well-researched guide that explores San Francisco's quirks, landmarks and eccentricities, linking everyday sights that are the fabric of the city with the answers to nagging questions that tantalize the curious.
Art Peterson, a lifelong Bay Area resident, taught in the San Francisco Public Schools for 30 years,15 of these as a teacher of writing at Lowell High School. He is the author of several books including the best selling humor book Teachers: A Survival Guide for the Grownup in the Classroom and the teaching classic The Writer's Workout Book: 113 Stretches Toward Better Prose.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing?
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Part of Our Lives
- Thursday, September 10, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- The American Plate with Libby O'Connell
- Friday, September 11, 2015, 4:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B