Art Peterson will present a video and read selections from his sparkling,well-researched guide that explores San Francisco's quirks, landmarks and eccentricities, linking everyday sights that are the fabric of the city with the answers to nagging questions that tantalize the curious.
Art Peterson, a lifelong Bay Area resident, taught in the San Francisco Public Schools for 30 years,15 of these as a teacher of writing at Lowell High School. He is the author of several books including the best selling humor book Teachers: A Survival Guide for the Grownup in the Classroom and the teaching classic The Writer's Workout Book: 113 Stretches Toward Better Prose.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Writing To Be Read: Strategies for Maximizing Impact
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- CANCELLED - The Chinese & the Transcontinental Railroad
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- San Francisco's Chinatown, Then & Now
- Saturday, May 7, 2016, 11:00 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B