Join us for a moderated panel of speakers sharing first hand experiences at FestAc 77, a Pan-African cultural event held in Nigeria.
Discover new stories in the stacks of the San Francisco Public Library through this project by Chimurenga, a Cape Town collective focused on Pan-African history and culture. In addition to publishing, music, and Internet radio ventures, Chimurenga has created interventions in libraries ranging from the large City of Cape Town library to the small Keleketla community library in Johannesburg. In San Francisco, they are creating a simple system that allows browsers to connect various items in the library in a way that generates different narratives, with a focus on the participation of African American artists, writers, and performers in Pan-African festivals of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Natalie Baszile Book Talk and Discussion
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- African American Geneology
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area