Join us for a moderated panel of speakers sharing first hand experiences at FestAc 77, a Pan-African cultural event held in Nigeria.
Discover new stories in the stacks of the San Francisco Public Library through this project by Chimurenga, a Cape Town collective focused on Pan-African history and culture. In addition to publishing, music, and Internet radio ventures, Chimurenga has created interventions in libraries ranging from the large City of Cape Town library to the small Keleketla community library in Johannesburg. In San Francisco, they are creating a simple system that allows browsers to connect various items in the library in a way that generates different narratives, with a focus on the participation of African American artists, writers, and performers in Pan-African festivals of the 1960s and 1970s.
- African American Geneology
- Sábado 10 de Octubre de 2015, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Miércoles 14 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Jueves 15 de Octubre de 2015, 6:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas